Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hudson's on the Bend

For myself and my husband like most folks out there-fine dining is truly a treat.  You work hard for your money, and shelling it out for a meal and experience that is deserving is ok, but when it's lack-luster you just feel bad that you spent so much and didn't get what you paid for.  That's how we felt after eating at Hudson's.

The meal started off with a really good appetizer-escargot.  It was really good.  The wine we had was really good, too.  Excellent- we were starting things out on a high note!  And then-our entrees came.

I ordered a fillet and my husband ordered a platter with assorted meats.  My steak wasn't cooked rare like I had asked for and was itty-bitty.  The meats that came on my husbands plate were delicious!  The food TASTED really good-but for the price, it was so small =(  We ordered appetizer, salad, entrees and desert and were still hungry when we left, and it's not like were sumo wrestlers that eat wheel barrows of food when we go out.  The desert was awesome!  We had a creme brulee trio and I really loved it.  I think that the chef is really talented and the restaurant is nice-but feed me if I'm spending that kind of money, you know?  If they upped their portions and cooked my fillet at the correct temperature then I'd go back again and again.  I can't criticize this place on lack of flavor or poor service-they were great when it came to that.  But if someone orders a fillet rare and it comes out overcooked at a fine dining establishment I feel like that is unacceptable.  I didn't ask for a steak at the Outback-if so I would have expected something like that. Funny, Outback always nails my temperature, though.

I think because of it's reputation and price I had to be a little more critical of this place.  Their menu has some really cool exotic stuff on it and tastes so good, but can't justify spending at least 2 bills on a dinner and feeling like I only got a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment