Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chola Indian Restaurant

This has got to be my favorite for Indian food!  I haven't had a chance to try the buffet yet, but I've been there for dinner many times and I will be back many times to come.

They have special dinners for two-I believe they offer a vegetarian and meat version of each.  I like munching on critters, so I always opt for the meat.  However, they have an amazing okra dish that's not on the menu but they still cook it for me when I ask for it called Aloo Bendhi Fri.  I probably butchered the spelling on that one, but it's okra that's been fried with curry and spices and onions and it's incredible.  I think my very favorite thing on the menu is an appetizer called Chicken 69.  It's small cubes of bright red chicken that's fried and comes with lemon wedges to squeeze over the chicken and is slap-yo-mama good!  The staff is pretty accomodating and will let you substitute things if you order the big dinner for two, which I really appreciate.  Another favorite of mine is this dish of potato and cottage cheese balls in this sauce that is so tastey I could pour it over a cardboard box and devour it.  The usual tandori grilled chicken and meats is another great standby.  It is always quiet and cozy when I eat there and the chutneys are a perfect addition to the already crazy-good food they offer.

I would have given this place a solid 5 stars if they wouldn't change their menu and get rid of the things that are my favorites and if they didn't start shortchanging the dinners and making them smaller with less variety.  But the food is so damn tastey and delicious that I get over it and just order extra stuff!  If you are a fan of Indian food then you must try this place out!   If you go and don't  get the Chicken 69 it's ok because that gives you an excuse to come back =)

No comments:

Post a Comment